Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Feb 8 Finds

.
Fleur Clair - bay Dutch Warmblood filly. I LOVE those ears! Lots of the warmbloods are very large-eared as foals, but they seem to grow into them!

Coracao de Leao HM - bay Lusitano stallion, check out that big blaze!

Storybook Merit Sundance - brown Canadian Horse gelding.

Berthiaume Kurt Praline - black Canadian Horse mare.

Neapolitano Gloria II-I - grey Lipizzan gelding.

Rock And Rail Eve - bay Clydesdale mare. Another example of a flaxen-tailed bay sabino.

Bella - bay dun Paso Fino mare.
.

2 comments:

  1. I often like to search horse classified sites to see how the terminology changes as DNA testing options expand. Some favorites you may or may not know about include:
    http://www.coloredhorsesforsale.com/ where they specialize in all the white patterns (roan, rabicano, all the pinto types) and dilutes (cream, dun, silver, champagne, etc). A companion site for stallions at stud appears to be under way.
    www.justappaloosas.com is exactly what it looks like, and a good place to look for patterned horses in some of the dilute colors.
    I used to have a much bigger link collection including several foreign-language classified sites where things like some of the Asiatic breeds not often seen on this side of the Atlantic were more commonly found. I'd be happy to pass along such links any chance I get, or to forward links to specific horses you might want to feature. Because of some of the "special challenges" my life offers, tho, I have *lots* of free time :) You can reach me via silentmenagerie@earthlink.net if you'd like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi there, wow! Thanks for commenting, and for the info! I'll email you shortly. I always like knowing about new sales sites!

    ReplyDelete